ONE INGENIOUS DOG.
ONE INGENIOUS Treat.
Pet’s Best Life developed Yummy Combs® as part of our mission to help pets live their best lives through quality nutrition, the ingenious function of the Syzygy 6 Shape™, the SUPERcopia™ of 12 Wellness ingredients, and individually wrapping each treat for freshness, safety and convenience. Yummy Combs were created by a diverse, collaborative group of companion animal lovers, that includes experts in veterinary medicine, agriculture, physiology, biochemistry and chemical engineering.
Helping pets, helping the world: Beyond supporting pets’best lives, our outreach efforts include Third World Assistance, pet therapy for individuals in need, entrepreneurship and inspiration for individuals to become the best they can be.
Dr. Joe Roetheli and Judy Roetheli
The Roethelis are life-long companion animal lovers. Along with Dr. Lon Lewis, they launched the efforts leading to development of Yummy Combs. Later, Ted McVay, Russell Fries and Doug Pendley joined as the core team.
- Received four dozen major awards as part of their workwith S&M NuTec
- Developed and commercialized the Greenies® dental treat
- Received numerous other awards for Roetheli-founded/-led companies
- Founded The Roetheli Lil’ Red Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable entity focusing on Third World Assistance, pet therapy, entrepreneurship and inspiration
Dr. Lon Lewis
Dr. Lewis earned his bachelor of science in chemical engineering from the University of Wyoming, his doctorate of veterinary medicine and PhD in physiology from Colorado State University. He was a part of the original launch team for Yummy Combs®.
- One of only 95 board-certified veterinary nutritionists out of ~105,000 vets in the US
- Published hundreds of peer-reviewed journal articles; authored several companion animal books
- Developed or teamed to formulate several Science Diet pet food products
- Developed the #1-selling oral re-hydrant
- With the Roethelis, developed/refined the Greenies® treat
Dr. Jan Bellows
Dr. Bellows received his undergraduate training at the University of Florida and doctorate from Auburn University. Dr. Bellows practices companion animal medicine, surgery and dentistry at ALL PETS DENTAL in Weston, Florida.
- Certified by the Board of Veterinary Practitioners (canine and feline) since 1986
- Certified by the College of Veterinary Dentistry since 1990
- Past president of the American Veterinary Dental College, the Veterinary Dental Forum and the Foundation for Veterinary Dentistry
- Author of four dental texts and frequent contributor to veterinary dental literature
- Cares for special pets at such prestigious places as Disney World and Lion Country Safari
Ted earned his bachelor’s degree in chemistry from Texas Wesleyan, and completed coursework and drafted his thesis for a master’s degree in biochemistry at Baylor University.
- Awarded research grant to study high-altitude rare gases for space exploration
- Developed a process to manufacture epoxy resins
- Isolated & purified structural analysis of Factor 12 Blood Clotting
- Improved traction for race car tires to hold track better
- Developed special foam for holding cut flowers
Jim the Wonder Dog
“Jim the Wonder Dog” performed remarkable feats of intelligence in the 1930s, baffling veterinarians and psychologists alike. Athletic, as well as academic, Jim was dubbed “The Hunting Dog of the Country” in his time. Jim was the embodiment of what it means to live a “Pet’s Best Life” and is the inspiration for our company name.